Below you will find the general instructions for updating your ground station software, please note that file names and/or locations may differ from those shown in the videos and instructional documents.
Updated ground station software can be found here: https://github.com/MSU-BOREALIS
- Make sure you have updated the pyserial library (pip install update pyserial).
- *NOTE* Before you update, check the version using the pip freeze command. Then update pyserial using the command pip install update pyserial
- Recheck the version using the pip freeze command. If it did not update, try the following: pip uninstall pyserial select Yes then reinstall pyserial using pip install pyserial
- The ground station antenna tracking software is: Antenna_Tracker
- Entering your IMEI Number: The new code has a text box where you will input your IMEI when running the code. This mitigates the problem of each team needing to update the code manually.
- Software/Links to have ready beforehand (if you have Anaconda installed, skip the first two bullets):
- Python Download: www.python.org/downloads/windows/
- Python & Pip Install Instructions: https://github.com/BurntSushi/nfldb/wiki/Python-&-pip-Windows-installation
- Adafruit GPS Library (Install it in your adruino libraries. Each of the “includex” calls at the top of the code imports a different library. Some are included in the default Arduino install, the rest you need to install): github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_GPS
- Python Extension Packages: www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
- Github: www.github.com
Updating Ground Station Tracking Update Video (Please note that in the video the repository has changed. If using the AntennaTracker_withRFD repository make sure you select the oldServo branch. Otherwise you can just use the AntennaTracker repository. If you already have Anaconda installed, skip to 8:20 of the instructional video):
Calibrating with the new ground station tracking software (audio is quiet):
Problems? Check here: Eclipse Design Proboards Forum Ground Station Antenna Tracker